AG MILLWORKS BLOG
Looking for project inspiration, before and afters, FAQs, and expert advice? You've come to the right place! Explore the blog to learn more about our folding, sliding, and swing door systems.
Wednesday, March 30 2016
Get your home ready for spring with these non-cleaning related to-dos.
Spring is officially here! Now that the season is underway, it’s time to get your house ready for it. Fear not, cleaning haters! We’re not talking about giving your home a deep scrub (though it’s not a bad idea). Here are a few things you should do to get your home ready for this spring.
- Welcome spring to your “door” by spending a little time sprucing it up. A fresh coat of paint, a new knocker, and/or new numbers can transform your home’s entrance. If you really want to wow this spring think about investing in a beautiful new Entry Door. Pair it with a welcome mat and some pretty planters.
- Get out your gardening gear and put a little time in getting your outdoor areas spring-ready. Lay fresh mulch and plant new annuals in bright colors. You can also use shrubs to hide problem spots around your house (e.g. propane tanks, AC units).
- Make sure all of your outdoor lights are functioning. If you have any burnt-out bulbs, switch them out for eco-friendlier CFL or LED options.
- Give your walkways some love. Winter is hard on them, so take the time to clean and repair them.
- Get your outdoor furniture ready. Clean it off and give it a fresh coat of paint. Consider replacing your cushions if they’re looking a little worn, too.
Is your house ready to welcome spring? If you want to make it easier to (literally!) open your doors to the new season, AG Millworks can help with our custom patio doors, entry doors, and windows that allow you to fully enjoy luxurious indoor-outdoor living. Whether you’re looking for your ideal entry doors, Bi-Fold patio doors, lift and slide patio doors, or multi-slide patio doors for your home, you simply need to click the Match Me With A Dealer button to get started!