The R & D Design Engineer is responsible for defining requirements and performing detailed desing activities related to door and window assemblies. The work consists of reviewing/industry needs and translating them into detailed product requirements. It includes defining the product structure, performing engineering analysis and calculation, material selections, and assembly. The design engineer will perform all 3D modeling as well as perform detailed dimensioning of product components. The Design Engineer will work on mechanical and aesthetic assemblies to fit the current industry and code requirements. This position requires the appplication of extensive and broad technical experience and full knowledge of door and window design practices and disciplines. This position requires detail orientation, communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. The Design Engineer will be heavily involved in the early stage of new product definition, existing product redesigns and improvements. Working with and supporting marketing and sales inquiries in an engineering and design capacity.
- Design mechanical assemblies including window and door mechanical structures, working components, from concept to aesthetically detailed finished products.
- Review and select materials based on established requirements
- Perform tolerance analysis, mechanical stress calculation, and thermal expansion
- Present design in details and support design decisions
- Produce detailed drawings for manufacturing and assembly
- Document engineering information, BOM, routings as needed
- Responsible to document and complete engineering change order
- Monitor new materials and technologies in order to continuously improve product performance
- Develop design guidelines to reduce design cycle
- Support manufacturing by addressing technical issues on the floor that are design related
- Respond to corrective actions and non-conformance report as technical authority
- Responsible for organizing and communicating their work and results in both formal and informal settings
- Function as individual contributor, member of cross-functional design/development team, or Project/Program Leader
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Over 500 hours of Slid Works experience in design and drafting of mechanical assemblies
- Experience in the Door and Window industry is a plus
- Proven understanding of various manufacturing capabilities, machining, casting, molding, finishing, and extruding
- Familiarity with Door, Window, and Fenestration related specifications and requirements is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment yet capable of performing autonomously
- Effective written/verbal communication skills; computing skills and design software
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ventura, CA
If you think you're the right fit for this position, please provide us with your contact information and upload your resume
with a cover letter explaining why you should be a part of the AG Millworks Team!
AG Millworks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.